Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just some things I've been thinking.

I believe that anger, hate, and the desire to fight those who injure you are nothing more than evolutionary responses. It is much more courageous to embrace the ones who attempt to mark your soul and return their anger with love.

It takes more courage to embrace someone than to strike them.

I can usually see in someone's eyes when they switch from the mask they use everyday to a genuine look. I'm always amazed at the vulnerability that appears on their faces. I love seeing the switch. From then on, they have a special place in my heart.

I would really like to learn how to use ' correctly.

A quote from the book I'm currently reading:

"Mother, do they think it's exactly in reverse?" she asked.
"What?" asked Mrs. Taggart, bewildered.
"The things you were talking about. The lights and the flowers. Do they expect those things to make them romantic, not the other way around?"
"Darling, what do you mean?"
"There wasn't a person there who enjoyed it," she said, her voice lifeless, "or who thought or felt anything at all. They moved about, and they said the same dull things they say anywhere. I supposed they thought the lights would make it brilliant."
"Darling, you take everything too seriously. One is not supposed to be intellectual at a ball. One is simply supposed to be gay."
"How? By being stupid?"
"I mean, for instance, didn't you enjoy meeting the young men?"
"What men? There wasn't a man there I couldn't squash ten of."
~Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

No comments: