Sunday, February 6, 2011

I've watched more movies the past two months than all of last year


I watched this movie because I have heard a lot of good things about it. The basic premise of the movie is: a nice girl, Olive, lies about having sex. She lies to boost the image of her friend who is gay and is bullied at school because of his sexual orientation. When everyone at school thinks they had sex they stop picking on him. Things get out of control and she ends up with a reputation. She decides to own it by sewing a scarlet A on all of her clothes just like Hester Prynne in the Scarlet Letter. Things get worse and then eventually they get better and end like a John Hughes movie.

While this movie had witty moments and phenomenal actors (I LOVED everyone in this movie) I didn't enjoy this movie. It just made me feel sad. While the movie ended happily it wasn't a happy ending. I felt depressed after I watched it. Not my favorite.

Watch for: Olive's parents played by Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson


No comments: