Sunday, January 3, 2010

Just some thoughts

*I think I expect too much out of people. Maybe I assume that since I love giving and making people feel good that they would want to do the same for me. I find myself constantly disappointed by the same people over and over again. I hate feeling this way. I'm really at my wits end and I don't know what to do.

*I'm excited to start my very first day at a 4 year university! I'm nervous because I have not been able to register for classes yet. I hate having to go from class to class asking if I can attend.

*I've decided to turn off my phone tomorrow. I need a day of peace and I really want to absorb my first day of college.

*My church never ceases to amaze me. I am part of a Nicaragua focus group. My church has partnered with a community in Nicaragua that we are sponsoring for 5 years. We are also building a relationship with them. Our project for the Advent season was to raise $2,300 to buy water filters for the 79 families. We raised $2,867!!! I am so proud that it was such a success. I am so grateful for such generous hearts.

*I got to spend some time with two of my most favorite people. I love them so much and they are there for me whenever I need them. I am so blessed to have them there to listen to me moan and whine. They have infinite patience with me. I love them :)


*Can I find the strength to say it?

*"I need to know how much I matter to people. Maybe that's my tragic flaw, because it's something in this life that has brought me the most joy and the most pain." This quote by this lady http://www.yourwishcake.com/ (love her! go to her blog. Now!) has me reeling. This is exactly how I feel and I've never been able to put it into words.

No comments: