Monday, April 19, 2010

Things I love Monday

Mondays suck. I think we can all agree on that. It is the start to another work/school week. The memory of the weekend is still with us and when the alarm clock goes off all we want to do is burrow back under the covers. Well at least I do.

I've decided to focus on things that I love every Monday. Hopefully that will make my Mondays better. So without further ado.... today I am loving my friends! I really do have the best friends ever. They sat up with me until 4 or 5 in the morning after my catastrophic (at the time) breakup. They listened to me talk about him and analyze for hours what went wrong. I so owe them.

I've always thought of myself as a girls girl. I never had guy friends growing up. Little did I know that one of my best friends would be a dude. He's the kind of guy who will stay up late with me when I can't sleep even if it means he wont get much sleep, again. He opens doors for me and pretty much never lets me pay when we go out. He is there every week as I explore a new path that he has already taken. He gives me as many hugs as I want and sends them to me over text. He is so brave and strong both physically and mentally. He inspires me with his dedication to whatever he does. He is one of the greatest men I have ever met. I hope he knows how amazing he is.

I've had this one friend, lets call her H, since I was 5. That was almost 19 years ago. Oh boy. The great thing about our relationship is that we've experienced everything together. We know each others history as well as we know our own. We've been through first loves, first losses, the divorce of both sets of our parents, our own battles with depression, a huge court case, college, growing up, first real jobs, first real relationships, realizing we are going to be just like our mothers. We have lived apart for the last 6 years and every time we see each other it's like no time has passed. She is my favorite person to talk about hard subjects with because I know she will be honest. I'm honest with her as well. She is so smart and makes such good choices. She is fiercely independent and I so admire that about her.

My Melo-yellow is the most caring person I know. She is affectionate and loving. I love her hugs. I can always count on her for support in whatever I do. She is my cheerleader and my advice giver. She always tells me to go for it. I love that she finds me hilarious. I love that we can do anything together and have a great time. After a break up I was at work and really sad. We 4 stores away in the same mall. I walked down to where she was working for some comfort. We sat down on the couch and she let me put my head on her shoulder. It was such a small thing but it is still a moment I cherish. I don't think words can do it justice. I am so happy she found the love of her life (He's totally the male version of me).

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I should focus more on the positive things when Monday rolls around.... I need to work on that! haha