Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I made cloth napkins today! I've sewn maybe 4 times in my life. I can sew by hand just fine but machines intimidate me. It made me feel really accomplished. I was so happy when I finished. My napkins are super awesome gold and green 70's colored. They are going to be fabulous with my pink plates :) Thank you to my great friend Lacy who taught me how to make them and let me use her machine. I can't believe I just discovered my love for sewing and now I'm moving away from her.

Speaking of moving away. Today is my last week at the center. I do childcare 2 days a week for a domestic violence support group. I've been there for a year and a half. I love these kids so much. It kills me to say goodbye to them. I can't imagine not seeing them every week and talking to them about their lives. They are such special people. I hope they know that.


1 comment:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh man, leaving those kids must be so hard. I can't imagine how much they love you and you love them.

Congrats on your sewing achievements! I cannot sew to save my life!