Sunday, October 14, 2007

Screw love, seriously.

I'm really beginning to wonder if it is all really worth it. It seems like every man just turns out to be an jerk.

I see my friends go from smart, confident women to simpering, enabling idiots. One goes back to different guys no matter how many times they lie to her, cheat on her all because she doesn't want to be alone. I see these men treat her like crap. Every single one she meets. I see another stuck with a man for life because he's comfortable for her. She doesn't have to take risks as long as she is with him.

Why be in love if it turns you weak? Why be in love if you start to compromise yourself? Why be in love if the other person always turns out not to be who you thought they were. Why do it?

I really am at the point where I am fed up with it all. I can't seem to pick a nice stable guy so you know what. I'm not going to do it anymore. I refuse. I will not let myself turn into my friends so I'm going to not do what they do. I'm on a love strike!

Alright so thats not true. Its true for tonight but I bet by tomorrow I will be all silly and girly again. I strongly believe in my ability to love unconditionally and forever. I just don't know if I believe that a man will love me forever. I do want to find my person, I just don't (can't) go through all the heartache again. I really do think I've had enough in my life. I'm finally over my ex, why should I do it all over again? It just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hon, your guy is out there. Give it time. While you're waiting, enjoy being you!

Anonymous said...

I think I could have written this post. I have no brilliant words of advice. I've accepted that if the worst thing that could happen to me is that I'm alone, then that's ok. Sheryl Crow has a great quote, "I realized that you come into this world alone, and you go out of this world alone. In between that, if you're not showing up for yourself, you're not living your life."

Anna said...

I love that quote Mindy. Thank you for sharing :)