Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye 2010

Thinking back on 2010 the word that best encapsulates the past year is struggle. This past year has really made me question who I am and my beliefs. I was betrayed by two friends and let go of those friendships for good. I have questioned myself more than ever and for the first time in a long time I am unsure with my decisions. I do not know which path is the right one.

* This next year I want to continue to grow. I want to let go of the timeline I've created for my life.
"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us" ~joseph campbell
* I want to travel more. Hopefully this year I will be going to Spain, Portugal, and Canada. Related to this goal is another one I have for this year which is to do what scares me. I find that I often say no to things because I am scared. So I want to say yes more often this year.
* I want to let go of the emotions and hurt feelings from my broken friendships. I want to be at a place where I can look back on the good times fondly and wish they well. I want to be done with them entirely and that can't happen until I let go of the emotions attached to them.

Hopefully by accomplishing these goals in 2011 I will create a better year for myself.



No comments: